Baby massage is one of the most wonderful bonding experiences between mother and child. Luxuriate in the benefits of the massage, both physical and emotional, both for your baby and for you. Studies from around the world show that infant massage reduces postnatal depression and improves mother and baby relationships, plus massage can relieve numerous baby discomforts such as colic.
The classes are taught in a relaxed and welcoming environment. You will be shown how to adapt the massage strokes to your baby’s individual needs – and you will learn so much more than a massage routine!
Benefits for your baby
- Helps your child feel securely attached
- Helps your child feel more loved, valued and respected
- Reduces crying and emotional stress
- Increases levels of relaxation and sleep
- Encourages development of body awareness and co-ordination
- Relief from wind, colic, constipation and teething discomfort
Benefits for you
- Feel closer to your baby
- Gain a deeper understanding of your baby’s behaviour, crying and body language
- Enjoy an enjoyable opportunity to spend a one-to-one with your baby
- Feel the relaxing effects of giving your baby a massage
- Increase your confidence in your ability to care for and nurture your baby
- Learn a lifelong parenting skill
- Meet other mums with young babies
I am trained by the world-renowned International Association of Baby Massage (IAIM), which is the largest, longest-standing and only association dedicated solely to baby massage in the world.
Baby Massage is available across Hampshire in Southampton, Totton, The New Forest, Hythe and Lyndhurst.